Monday, December 09, 2013

How a House is Built

Currently on the coffee table

By wisdom a house is built,
and by understanding it is established;
by knowledge the rooms are filled
with all precious and present riches.


We're trying to instill in our children hearts and habits of true gratitude.
In doing so I'm constantly learning as well. 

It's easy for me to reprimand outward reflections of ungrateful hearts in them, their complaining and fussing.

And then it's easy for me to justify why my own self-pity, my own ungrateful heart.

When I actually practice what I preach, I'm learning that a thankful heart changes everything, and it lays those bricks of wisdom on which a house is built.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.


passages from Proverbs 24:3-4
and Psalm 9:1-2

ShareThis