Monday, February 11, 2013

A Real Valentine's Day Treat

Getting some table decor together for a my man as they sell the good stuff on campus this week. 
Looking for an easy way to join the fight against human trafficking between now and Valentine's Day? Buy fair trade chocolate! 

We love Divine brand, which can be found in most grocery stores, especially health food stores. And if you're at Target and they don't have a fair trade option, ask them to get some. They listen when enough people ask.
(For cocoa powder, we love Frontier. And Whole Foods has several brands of fair trade chocolate chips.)

Sometimes I have a hard time paying more for fair trade chocolate. I'm a bargain shopper and I've become accustomed to prices set by slave labor. But I'm realizing that for slavery to end I must be willing to put my money where my mouth is. If you'd like to know more about the child labor that sustains much of our chocolate production, read a bit more here.   

Plus, it's a proven fact that a bar of fair trade chocolate tastes 100% better than the other stuff. Promise.

ShareThis