Thursday, February 07, 2013

10 Years Ago Today

10 years ago today I ran on shaking-knees across campus to my dorm after getting a nauseating call.

10 years ago today one of the most joyful souls I've ever known, one of my very dearest and closest friends, was suddenly taken from this life. It was grief I'd never experienced.


But, 10 years ago today I was hit with this reoccurring image of her there. There with Him. Jesus. It was hard to fathom that someone I knew so personally was now existing in a reality totally incomprehensible to me. It was comforting.





A gift sent to her mother this year, a women I admire and love:

A vintage handkerchief, because it seemed fitting. 
And a small dish to hold jewelry beside a sink; a reminder that her daughter's memory is still held very dear.

ShareThis