Monday, January 14, 2013

The Gift of Time


This little bud is so much fun. He loves painting with Mommy and is into saying things like, "Mom, you're so cute. You make my day so fun!" And that of course completely melts me.

It's incredible how the boys respond to intentional one-on-one time with Kristian or me. (This makes such a difference!) I'm making it a priority in our days now. Since I'm with them all day we of course have tons of time together, but it's been helpful for me lately to give each child (or all together) focused time in blocks of 10 or 20 minutes doing an activity they love. No phone or distractions, they are the priority. I love it.

Everyone has told me since the day Caedmon was born that time will fly and they will be grown in the blink of an eye. With his third birthday coming up in a week and a half, I'm feeling how very true this is. This time with them is a gift and I want to embrace it.


ShareThis