Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Moments



Just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. 
Caedmon waited excitedly on the front porch this morning for his good friend to come pick him up for a day trip to his grandparent's house in the country.
He even got to wear Daddy's hat, cinched up real tight in back.
As the car pulled away Caedmon, giddy, yelled out the window to us, "Here we GO!"
Precious.

Speaking of good friends who take your son on an all day field trip, this is what happens when friends know where your spare key is hiding. We had dinner, treats and cards waiting for us upon our return to Oklahoma, and donuts delivered the next morning. Amazing people.



 Still dreaming about my 24 hours away with Kristian last week, a gift from my parents. 
A relaxing breakfast is a rare luxury...

And good words as we enter the weekend. My default is not always to go straight to God's Word in my moments of frustration, stress, or even excitement and joy. 
How different would my life look if I cut out the excess and made more room for the necessary...

“Only the Word is the answer to rightly reading the world, because The Word has nail-scarred hands that cup our face close, wipe away the tears running down, has eyes to look deep into our brimming ache, and whisper, “I know. I know.”
The passion on the page is a Person, and the lens I wear of the Word is not abstract idea but the eyes of the God-Man who came and knows the pain.”      (One Thousand Gifts)

ShareThis