Thursday, May 03, 2012

NYC Historical Shots

Kristian's always keeping me well-stocked with interesting information. Knowing my love for historical things and NYC, he sent this link yesterday. Such amazing images. If you are like me, you'll enjoy!


I especially liked these...

This is right down the street from my old office on 42nd Street, but just about 80 years earlier. Amazing how similar is looks to the current scene. During my commute from our first apartment, I would often get off the bus at the left corner of this photo and walk up the street, past the bridge to one of those last buildings you see there.

Newsies working Delancey Street


Right around the corner from my office. If only I could have purchased a Malted Milk for 5 cents on my lunch break.

And Sheeps Meadow in Central Park where we enjoyed many a picnic and game of football.

ShareThis