Friday, February 03, 2012

The Lost Island

My husband knows me oh-so-well and emailed this article yesterday with the subject line "You'll Love This."

He was right.

I'm so fascinated by these kinds of stories. You may remember my early obsession with the Titanic, long before Leo and Kate.

It's remarkable to think that this place has been virtually untouched in 50 years, yet sits right offshore one of the busiest and more populated cities in America. I must have seen it from afar a handful of times.

Anyway, if you're interested in history, you will enjoy this too.

Inside the the lost island of New York: Eerie pictures of the abandoned leper colony just 350 yards from the Bronx:


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094823/New-York-leper-colony-Eerie-pictures-inside-abandoned-world-lost-island.html#ixzz1lG5YRSIJ

ShareThis