Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 7: Have a Meal With Someone New

Have someone in mind you'd like to get to know better? Invite them over to your home for a meal, or out to eat!  It always seems to be most natural to chat over food. We had a new friend over for lunch today and had a great time. 

For impromptu meals at home I like to keep a few things on hand to make it simple and stress-free. This is especially helpful for guests coming to breakfast or lunch when I won't have a nap time to prepare.

I'd much prefer a homemade pizza, but a frozen Newman's Own thin crust pizza does the trick just fine, and everyone seems to love pizza for lunch. That's what we had today with a plate of sliced apples and tangerines.

Other Fall crowd-pleasers are homemade soups and grilled paninis.

I also always try to have homemade cookie dough in the freezer so I can easily pop a few in the oven for a little treat. (and also so I can eat it all the time)

Of course, it's also fun to just meet for coffee or have someone over for coffee or tea and a baked treat. 

If you're looking for something extra special, try this recipe for pumpkin syrup for a homemade pumpkin spice latte. I made it this morning and it is delish! 

Sometimes I find inviting someone new into my life a little intimidating or potentially awkward, but it usually always ends up being so rewarding and worthwhile!




ShareThis