Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 6: Just Four Muffins



The weather is wonderful.
Yesterday was dark and stormy and cozy.
Today, bright and cool.

This time of year always gets me in a baking mood. (Well, let's be honest, really any time of year does.)

Saturday, Caedmon and I made some Pumpkin Apple Walnut muffins. Mmm. It's nice to have a healthy, quick breakfast on hand for the boy who is requesting food from the moment he awakes.

We have some neighbors, an older couple, across the street who are always so kind to us. I want them to know their kindness doesn't go unnoticed.

I'm realizing a little gesture of thanks doesn't have to be elaborate.  Feeling overwhelmed by tasks is usually what keeps me from doing them.

All we did was wrap up four muffins, hot from the oven, and took them over.


So easy, and hopefully a treat for them for the next morning's breakfast.

I remember reading about a woman who always froze a single serving of the dinner she prepared for her family each night. Then once a week she would take over all the single serving frozen meals to her elderly neighbor who lived alone, wanting to bless her with the love of Christ.

I love that. It probably cost her no extra money, and really only a little bit of time, but I'm sure it was an immense blessing to her neighbor.


Wouldn't it be great to always just have thoughts of outreach and generosity on your mind? (And I do realize four muffins can hardly be considered generous!)

I'd really love to be better about that!


In case you're interested in giving four muffins to a neighbor, here's the recipe I used.  I just added about a cup of chopped apples and half a cup of chopped walnuts.

ShareThis