Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 11: At the End of the Day


Some days I find myself wanting to be noticed, wanting to be congratulated on all the work I've done, wishing that someone could catch a glimpse when I'm trying to cook dinner while holding one crying baby with a toddler pulling on my leg and whining for a snack.  

I seek affirmation some days from every place except the place it sits readily available.  And not available because of what I've done, but because of what Jesus has done for me.

That's why this song resonates with me today, and why it's fitting for this 31 (or 13ish) Day Challenge. I am compelled to love others because of Christ's love for me, and no matter what I do or don't accomplish, I want my heart to look like His heart... at the end of the day I want to have loved well.

ShareThis