Saturday, October 01, 2011

31 Days: Compelled By Love... Here we go!


31 Days to step outside my comfort zone.
31 Days to think more about others than myself.
31 Days to actually do the things I always say I want to do, but often don't.
31 Days to make Christ just a little bit more tangible to someone.
31 Days to LOVE.

I'm so excited to join The Nester in her 31 Day challenge. She has hosted these challenges for a few years now and I've enjoyed reading. This year she's challenged others to jump on in.

I don't know exactly when I think I'm going to write up a blog post everyday, but I'm going to commit to trying! (It will likely be more like 25 days...)

Upon reading about her challenge, my first thought was that I'm not an expert on anything- what could I write about?

Then I realized I don't need to be an expert and this challenge could be used as a time of personal goal setting and stretching. I am loved in such a mighty, passionate, beautiful way by the Lord.  But unfortunately it's not always that reality that compels me to love and serve others.That's probably why I often neglect to love well in the many opportunities I'm given.


I plan to talk about a variety of things, from writing thank-you notes, to welcoming new neighbors, serving family, and reaching out to people you know you should but find it difficult.

As I write about each topic I will also be attempting to do what I share.

I desire for my children to see me love others well throughout their years at home with me, and to understand more and more that it's all about Christ. I'm excited to take on some of these daily challenges this month alongside my boys.

I assure you, nothing will be novel or super enlightening. This is mainly just to force myself to look beyond ME. I hope to share a few little tips and secrets with you too, things that I find helpful along the way.

Thank you for joining me!

ShareThis