Friday, September 02, 2011

A Friday Treat for Me, and You!

I have some wonderful friends.
For my birthday one of them, who lives in a land far, far away, had the ingredients for a delicious treat sent to my home and sent Kristian the recipe to make it for me. Is that a thoughtful friend or what?


So here is my Friday treat today, friends. And in honor of it being Friday Treat Day, I'm passing the treat on to you.

These little goodies are ones I've made before but it had been a long time. I'm so thankful she reminded me of their goodness. I love them, and think you will too. (I don't typically do recipes on this blog, though I cook all the time so maybe I'll start. Thought this one was worth it!)

They are originally from this site. 

~~~~~~~~~

Raw Chocolate Macaroons
3 cups dried unsweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder 
(you don’t have to use exactly this much, just however rich you want them to be. You can even use 3/4 cups cocoa and be fine.)
1 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
1-2 tbs. raw peanut butter (if desired)
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt


Mix together.  Wet your hands so they don’t stick to your hands, and then form into balls.  Put them in the freezer until hardened, at least 30 minutes. MMMM!  Some of us think these taste like frozen Bon Bons!
~~~~~~~~
I definitely keep mine in the freezer and pull one or two (or five) out throughout the day for a delicious and healthy treat. (also, your ingredients don't have to be raw.)
And I know the above picture is so lovely and calm, but in an effort to keep things real I'll show what it looked like from another angle. 
Piles of mess. 
But a Friday treat nonetheless!

ShareThis