Friday, September 02, 2011

Birthday Love

Isn't receiving letters or packages by mail just the best? 
I think so. 

Seeing your name hand-written on an envelope is pretty special, signaling something other than bills or junk mail has arrived.

Imagine how thrilled I was to find a box with my name on it all the way from our beloved New York City, wrapped in pretty brown paper.

And imagine how even more thrilled I was to open the box and find homemade cookie popsicles (is that what cookies on sticks are called?) from Murph!
Whatta friend.


Caed was really happy too, and wasn't into sharing.


Then I told him he'd had enough and put the remnants of a cookie on the kitchen table.

Then a few minutes later I found this naughty little boy hiding behind our bed, cookie in hand.


I couldn't help but laugh, though.

Thank you so much, Murph!

~~~~~

And thank you to everyone else who made my day so very special with calls and emails and facebook messages.

My sister and parents came up from Dallas to celebrate, which was so kind.
Anne made me chocolate raspberry brownies one night.


Then my parents brought me an ice cream cake the next.
We've been eatin' good around here!


I just love birthdays.

ShareThis