Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting

“Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I’ve ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing…. Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.”

-Ann Voskamp 
1000 Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
(reminded of this great quote on Sally Clarkson's blog)


Our due date has come and gone and we are still waiting on this little boy to make his appearance. I'm finding myself feeling anxious and just looking forward to holding him and having him home, but also trying to remind myself to make the most of these last days with just Caedmon. I don't think I'm doing a great job, but I'm trying... when I remember. 

Here's most likely our last family of three picture, shot this past weekend by my dad.



I am LOVING having my mom and sister here (and dad for several days here and there). They have cleaned my house from top to bottom, played with Caedmon, cooked and baked, provided constant fun and conversation, and I don't think I've touched the dishes in two weeks. Their departure will be a bit difficult, to say the least.



We are just waiting now!

Speaking of waiting, I loved this post on patience yesterday on the Holy Experience blog. 

ShareThis