Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To reach the point of giving up

The Lord is my strength and my shield; 
in him my heart trusts and I am helped;
my heart exults and with my song I give thanks to him. 
Psalm 28:9


I find myself clinging to this bit of encouragement and others like it these days when life seems to be moving a million miles an hour and the prospect of things slowing down is not likely! At night I fall into bed exhausted and weary, wondering how I might possibly make it through the next day and be the type of mother Caedmon needs.  Mothers or not, I'm sure many can relate to the weariness!

It's only when I realize that I absolutely can not be my best on my own, that peace and strength come. I'm so weak apart from the Lord. And there's no way I can be the wife and mom I'm called to be without Him.

I heard a song the other day with just the right lyrics for me at the moment. 

Maybe that's the point 
To reach the point of giving up

Cause when I'm finally 
Finally at rock bottom 
Well, that's when I start looking up 
And reaching out 

I know I'm not strong enough to be 
Everything that I'm supposed to be 
I give up 
I'm not stong enough 
Hands of mercy won't you cover me 
Lord right now I'm asking you to be 
Strong enough 

Strong enough 
For the both of us 


Despite the work and trying moments, life lately has been full of countless gifts as well.




Some of the more enjoyable happenings have included two incredibly thoughtful and generous baby showers, my mom here helping out for several days, weekly time spent with great friends finding fun little ways to spend our time around town and not die from the heat, other wonderful friends up from Dallas for a quick trip, and Kristian's mom over to stay with Caedmon while Kristian and I spent our very first night away from that little boy to attend an office party a few hours away.

And not just any office party... a costume party! Oh yes, a 'Madmen' theme party. I was wondering how that would work, being over eight months pregnant, but we had a great time. Of course the best part was 24 hours away with my husband. I was in heaven.

Our attempts at a couple pics. Didn't have time for any more!

Assuming our little babe doesn't arrive in the next week or two (we are about 3 weeks from the due date), I have a few other blog posts I hope to accomplish, including a little give-away as thanks for all you who contributed to our heart surgery fund, and some reflections after completing a list of 1000 gifts!

Final thought from our kitchen chalkboard this week:

The cheerful heart has a continual feast. 
Proverbs 15:15

ShareThis