Monday, April 25, 2011

An Easter Weekend

Looking back at Easter pictures from one year ago. Look at that little munchkin!- just about 3 months old.



And this year...

Due to torrential downpours there were no egg hunts, no lovely family photos in natural sunlight, and no spending the day out in the back yard on the bench swing like I had imagined.  But I didn't mind one bit.

This year's Easter was cozy and indoors complete with house-rattling thunder.  We ate brunch and laid around the living room all day with Grammy and G.G.  Perfect in my book.
Easter lilies from my Love. 



Cranberry White Chocolate Scones. Thank you, Desiree, for the amazing recipe!
Decor hanging over the Easter table- these little white flowers came as the 'popcorn' shipping material in a birthday package I got last year. They were way too pretty to throw away.  I simply strung them on a piece of thread and they made a lovely little garland. 





Our church meets on Sunday nights so we headed over there in the evening for a big group feast and a time of remembering what Christ has done.
~~~~~~

Luckily we took advantage of some sunny weather this past week and even had a couple Easter egg hunts. 




Friday was fantastic. Caed and I drove south about an hour and met my two beautiful sisters in the Arbuckle Mountains for a picnic. They're amazing sisters and incredible aunts. They had brought eggs filled with goodies for Caedmon and even did a mini photo shoot of us with my six-month-pregnant belly.










Saturday we joined Uncle Travis and Grammy in a walk for heart disease that her company was sponsoring. It was not a very long walk and felt great to get out and exercise, but I was exhausted afterwards! Guess I'm not quite in the shape I'd hoped. 



My Easter thoughts from the weekend: Thankful and blown away by the grace of Jesus to rescue us from the punishment we deserve- eternal separation from God. 

Overwhelmed by the FREEDOM found in Christ alone-- freedom from the grave, freedom from the burden of my sin, freedom from the grasp of the enemy, all because He proved His deity by rising from death on Easter day.  That changed everything! When Paul wrote to the Corinthians he said:
And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.  
Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 
If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead! 

ShareThis