Friday, February 11, 2011

What is Love?


From the Journal:

427. Going to the school to eat lunch with Kristian today
448. Tupperware lunch containers that made him happy
490. That my last name is 'Rose'
514. Laying in bed together and listening to Christmas music
542. His study discipline during finals
578. Packing his lunch
589. K loving me so well
594. Him reminding me not to exhaust myself. A relief.
691. The amazing daddy he is to Caed
697. Countless hilarious stories we have, usually due to an attempt to save money

My husband holds a very prominent place in the List of Thanks. Our relationship is full of God's grace.

God's grace also means refinement.
And refinement usually comes with an ache.
But the ache is worth it because it leads to joy.
Some numbers reflect thanks in moments of love pained:

77. Obeying what the Lord asks even when I don't feel compelled
103. Grace in my selfishness
200. All will be made new
234. Kristian's patience
241. Refinement
307. Room to grow
388. A fresh start
433. Lessons in humility

This is how we know what LOVE is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.
And we ought to lay down our lives for each other. 

Love is a constant laying down, an act of sacrifice which always leads to joy.


Scripture reference: 1 John 3:16

ShareThis