Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Focus for the Next Four Weeks

Homemade Advent 'wreath': my attempt to not spend any money--
candles from around the house (still missing one) and greenery from the yard.
We light the candle of HOPE, the first candle of Advent.

Preparing and awaiting the arrival of The Baby.

We are told of his coming all throughout God's Word.

Yesterday's reading:


Psalm 62:5-6
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
   my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace
   those whose minds are steadfast,
   because they trust in you
.







Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint.


Hebrews  10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 

Handmade Advent Calender: Scripture readings, prayers, thoughts, tucked inside tiny pockets 

May your Advent and Christmas Seasons be slow and focused, thankful and generous, and full of joy!

ShareThis