Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Daddy

As I rocked my baby to sleep tonight and sang The Lord's Prayer, as I do every night, I couldn't help but think of the countless times (I mean it must be thousands) my Dad sang this to, and with, us girls.

In fact I know that one of us sisters actually thought he wrote this song for quite a long while :)

Literally every night when I sing this song to Caedmon I am taken back for a few seconds to 1501 Reston where Anne and I shared a room.

Daddy always put us to bed with stories and wrestling and tickling and I'm sure answers to many ridiculous questions. And we'd always end by singing The Lord's Prayer.

Those are some of the absolute best memories I have from childhood.

I am so thankful that my dad committed to making that a priority night after night, year after year. I know it could have been very easy to rush through this to get on with his evening. But I also know he considered this one of the most important things he could have spent his time doing, and he was never in a hurry.

Even through high school and college when I was home he would always stop in to pray over me. Did this until the night before my wedding.

Just wanted to share this special memory of my Daddy. He's the best and I'm so thankful.

Happy Father's Day Daddy.

"....For thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

ShareThis