Saturday, October 10, 2009

NOLA!

Kristian and I just got back from a quick trip to New Orleans. I had to go down for a work conference (which ended up being surprisingly good!), and he got to tag along using some air miles we had.It was a short trip but I think a good amount of time for us. We mainly stayed around the French Quarter, which was right near our hotel, ate some awesome creole and cajun food, and had the most amazing beignets at Cafe du Monde. We also got to spend a few hours in the WWII Museum which was pretty fascinating.It was SO very hot and humid there! You sweat the minute you step out the door. Some of my pics are foggy because my lens took a while to de-fog once leaving the hotel and coming out into the heat. I'm very happy to be back in NY where Fall is in the air. I love it!

The culture down there is certainly unique. Neither of us had ever been, and are glad that we had the opportunity!Baby is feeling big these days! I'm just past 6 months, and he is apparently about 14 inches long, moving all day long, and making life fun (and sometimes a bit uncomfortable).
Happy Saturday!

ShareThis