Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surprise!

Last Thursday night Derek came over for dinner.
We had a great time chatting and eating and laughing.
We like Derek.

He left around 10pm and a few minutes later we saw he had accidentally left his planner behind.
No biggie- he works with Kristian so he could get it in the morning.
He texts about 20 minutes later saying he left it and was coming back up.
Ok. Seems a bit unnecessary, but oh well.

He texts about 20 minutes after that saying he's walking up to the apt.
Kristian volunteers to take it down to him so he doesn't have to come up all the stairs again.
Such a nice husband I have.

A few moments later Kristian buzzes for me to let him back in downstairs, then a minute after that he knocks on our door.
I go open the door expecting to find my kind husband, but instead find THIS...


(well, there was actually no cupcake at the time, but,)
THERE WAS ANNIE!!!!!

I was in utter SHOCK! I screamed, and then laughed, and then cried! I won't even blame the emotions on the pregnancy. It was shear joy at the sight of my sister who had been in South America for three months, and who I thought was on a plane to South Africa for another three months at that very minute!

But for months she and Kristian had been planning this glorious rendezvous and I had no clue. It had not even crossed my mind.

The first thing I asked (once I could speak) was how many hours she was here for. I thought it was probably just an overnight layover. But no- she just left this morning- one week later!

Oh, and on top of that, Kristian had covertly requested days off for me! So I didn't have to go in that next morning and didn't go back until yesterday- 5 straight days off. Amazing.

Needless to say, we all had such a wonderful time together. As always, it mainly consisted of eating and baking and talking and laughing. We didn't take too many pictures, but here are a couple.

Exercise and donuts... a great combination in our book.
Anne really took a liking to my belly, often asking her nephew to kick. A couple times he promptly obeyed!
Thank you again for coming, dear sister! It was the best!

ShareThis