Friday, July 17, 2009

This and that

Similar to most areas of my life during this first trimester, I've really be slacking in the blogging. Not that anyone cares all that much, but it is more fun to see updates than no updates, so I apologize.

I'm a couple weeks into the second trimester now and already feeling a big difference, which I am so thankful for. I want to go the grocery store again, and cook, and I've even been hit with a huge urge to clean and organize the house (though little has been done to satisfy that quite yet).

It seems things a returning to normal, at least for a little while. What's not normal is that many of my waistbands are becoming difficult to button up, I fall to sleep at about 8:30pm, and I want chicken fried rice any and every hour of the day. But I can deal with those things.

I actually love being pregnant. Kristian has been amazing. There's no doubt he's going to be the most wonderful father.

We had our second sonogram this week (sorry- no pictures) and it was awesome! The baby looks like a full human and we watched as it kicked its little legs and moved its arms. We loved seeing it. Since we didn't get any pictures, I've drawn you my interpretation.


Yes. I used "Paint" after not having opened it since 3rd grade. Pretty good, huh?

This season has brought about a whole new feeling of need for dependency on the Lord. I've seen how so many fears and anxieties have the tendency to creep up, and with out the power of Christ they can be overwhelming.

He is always so faithful to bring peace, though, just as he says he will when we ask and give him our burdens. This is what I've felt this week. I'm so thankful for friends and a husband who always remind me of the gospel, and the true nature of God's character.

I was reminded the other afternoon, as I spent some time with Him, of His steadfast love, and His faithfulness.

I read this in Psalm 92: It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night... For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.

Words I have read so many times, but they hit me in a new and wonderful way. With so many questions and unknowns right now, there is such simplicity in just being able to go back to the basics of
Declaring his steadfast love in the morning,
and His faithfulness at night.

I have been trying to do this the past several days and it's been really good.

In the morning as I'm lying in bed, and showering, and getting ready I've been thinking of what his steadfast love means, and what it means for my life.

And at night in bed I've (with Kristian) tried to reflect on His faithfulness from that day.

It's also pretty cool how many verses speak of both the Lord's steadfast love, and his faithfulness together- and how we are told never to forget about them,
how they never cease,
how they are abounding,
how they surround those who trust in Him...

I'm so thankful for that today!

In other news, here are some happenings as of late:

The weather has been AMAZING here. 70s-80s, sunny. It rained for about 2 months straight so it seems the whole city is just gitty with delight and everyone's outside.

Last Sunday we strolled across the park and got some ice cream at Shake Shack. Such a treat! We had some friends stay with us a while back who gave us a giftcard there and we are making full use of it!
The 4th of July was a while ago- but so fun! We had a relaxing little cookout at the Sullivan's with wonderful friends.

My favorite part, of course- the dessert table.
Shawna's banana pudding is to die for.

These fireworks aren't actually from the 4th. We were too relaxed that night to even get up and go see them on the West Side.

But on Tuesday night a big group from church went out and braved the crowd of 80,000 to enjoy the music of the NY Philharmonic in the Park. Yes, I really did read that 80,000 people were there. It was madness. But in a fun sort of way.

Kate asked for Kristian's half-eaten popsicle, and come on, who could resist that face?

And last, and only because so many sweet and interested friends have asked, here are a couple little belly shots. We keep forgetting to take them during the day with good lighting, but you get the idea. There's definitely a little pooch there.

ShareThis