Tuesday, July 21, 2009

recommendations

OH this is such a good book. I just finished it. Somehow I had never read it. Apparently most people read it in high school.

It's one of Kristian's top favorite books. We always try to read books the other highly recommends because they so shape you and add to your knowledge and experience. So I finally (begrudgingly at first) picked up this one, and I'm so glad I did. The end is amazing. (Beware, the writing style may slow you down a bit. And yes- once I had to look at the cliff notes online to understand what was happening.)

On a similar note, a while ago Kristian read one I had just finished and it had greatly impacted me. He was kind to begin reading it after all my pleading, but he ended up loving it just as much as I did.


The Hiding Place, by Corrie ten Boom
Don't judge the cover. I think that's what kept me away from it for so long. I started it in college and couldn't really get into it, but this time I was determined after hearing so many great things about it, and once again... I'm so glad I did.

Kristian was just as captivated even though he's not as enthralled with the Holocaust as I am. And I absolutely LOVE true stories. They're my favorite. The biggest lesson I learned from this one... Thankfulness.

If you have time this summer, read them.
But if you only have time for one, read "A Praying Life", by Paul Miller.
(or The Hiding Place... or Tale of Two Cities... Ah! I don't know! Read them all!)

ShareThis