Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kristian!

Today is Kristian's birthday, and like most every other day, I am struck by what a wonderful man he is.

Two things stick out to me about this past year of life with Kristian:

1. His eagerness and desire to follow God with his life. This year has been one of a few big decisions that we have really worked through together. I am so thankful that ultimately I can trust that my husband is always seeking the Lord. A guiding question Kristian has quoted often this year as we've talked about our future is, "How can we best love God, and serve His church?"
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:12-13)

2. His eagerness and desire to serve his family. I'm so blessed in that he hasn't become lazy in marriage, but even more intentional in the way he loves me, and considers the good of our family in his decisions and actions. I've experienced Kristian increase in selflessness and patience. I really do feel the love of Christ through the way he loves me. What a beautiful picture!

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. (Eph. 5:25-28)

Thank you, my love, for just being who you are. It will always be enough for me!

ShareThis