Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Special

More on Easter will follow, hopefully... still processing a lot as I've been a bit overwhelmed by what this whole Resurrection thing really means!

Back to our weekend in TX...
One of the best parts was being with my family, just enjoying time together.

My grandmother took my dad and I to the Highland Park Pharmacy. Founded in the early 1900's, this place still has an authentic soda fountain. It was such a treat.



Stopping for a few shots in the beautiful wildflowers by my Granddad's rehabilitation center. He's been through several rough procedures lately and we enjoyed several hours talking with him and walking around the neighborhood.
One of Kristian's favorite part of the weekend- our Dave and Buster's meal! (My dad does national development for them so we get this treat everytime we're home!)

Kristian was also able to spend a few great hours with his mom before Michelle's wedding, which is always special.

One evening Kristian went to meet a friend for a bit so my parents and I pulled out the home video from the year I was born. As my dad said, the three of us are really the only people on earth who would enjoy watching that video as much as we did. We laughed histerically and maybe shed a tear or two. It was just so sweet.

This shot was taken during one of the videos we watched. Now, after watching the video, I see so much more of the story...

We're on our way home from the hospital. I watched my mom dress me in this little dress and bonnet as my dad videoed and kept commenting how I looked like a little movie star :)

Mom is about to place me in their old car for the first time, the replacement for the nicer car they had sold to have money for my birth.

My grandmother made my mom's dress. I'm so impressed (I just got a sewing machine and the only I've managed to sew so far is a pouch, which is pretty much worthless and really just happened by accident.)

When they arrived home we were greeted by a huge homemade sign in the front yard my dad had made welcoming my mom and me. He followed her in the little house with the video camera as she walked into my nursery. He had purchased a wooden rocking chair to surprise her and she was thrilled to tears!

Then she walked into their bedroom where he had done a little rearranging and hung two new big prints on their wall above the bed. It was so sweet to see all the work he had gone to preparing the house for her homecoming.

In the video my dad was wearing an "It's a Girl" button and telling how he had taken those bubble gum "It's a girl" cigars to work. As we saw the button in the video he disappeared into his room and came back out a few seconds later with this on!...

He keeps it with his stash of special momentos.

We watched my first bath... first time to meet all of my grandparents and my Aunt Anne and Uncle Jerry (pictured are Aunt Anne and Granddad at my wedding) ... first Christmas... so many firsts.

It was so very special and an evening I'll remember always.

____________________

On the way back to NYC our plane was delayed in Houston for over four hours. We didn't mind too much though... we had our books, a computer, and each other.



My favorite model. I like being stranded with him.
Thank you, family, for a wonderful time. I love you.

I spent some time praying this for my husband, family, and a few close friends this morning:

Prayer for Spiritual Strength- Eph. 3:14-19

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

What a wonderful scripture!

ShareThis