Sunday, March 22, 2009

Evidence for the Living


As I walked through Central Park on Saturday morning, I so enjoyed seeing signs of life beginning to appear. Despite last week's snow, creation continues to bloom. The newness is everywhere!

I sat down for a bit to read and came across this:
My hand laid the foundation of the earth, & my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I call to them, they stand forth together. (Is.48)


But now hear... Thus says the LORD who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you:
Fear not, my servant, whom I have chosen.

For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.

They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams. (Is.44)

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

...Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored,
and I love you,

I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life. (Is. 43)

I love to see how the little plants in our kitchen long for the sun. I can turn them any direction in the morning and when I get home from work they are stretching towards the window.

I want to be like this... no matter which way life tosses and turns me, always recognizing I will die without the live-giving Son. I pray I will not waste even a moment apart from Him, but that it would always be my immediate reaction to lean in towards Him.

ShareThis