Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Jams (by Kristian)

Do you remember those super cool shorts from the early 80's, Jams? For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about them.

A major part of my wardrobe as a 5 year old was my Jams. They really personified 80's fashion with their loose fit, bright colors and rad patterns. In fact, here's a picture for you: I distinctly remember one summer hanging out with my cousin and wearing aqua colored Chuck Taylor high tops, white tube socks rolled down to the top of my shoes, my black, floral patterned Jams, a neon pink or orange "Rude Dog" shirt, a slap bracelet and a New Kids on the Block hat - all while playing my Rhythm Stix (those drum sticks that plugged into a little speaker, so when you "drummed" in the air they'd make a synthesized drum sound). Good times... I'm surprised I wasn't more popular as a kid?

I looked online for Jams today because I wanted a pair for the summer, and apparently the company still exists! But the board shorts cost $75. Unbelievable. I guess I'll just have to settle for dreaming about them.

Here's to a renaissance of the most androgynous decade in history, the 80's...

ShareThis